Monday, February 6, 2017

Review: Manhunt

Art thieves strike at midnight all around the world. It's up the society recover the lost items. They're heading to Paris where they believe another theft will occur. Henry, Anna, and Jose are traveling to Paris too. They're supposed to stay behind in the bookstore while the adults search for clues.

But when the adults don't return, the trio take matters into their own hands. The society believes there's a mole in their group. They aren't sure who to trust. The trio isn't sure if they should trust Hem, their guide. He's been a little superior and shifty.

When the Mona Lisa is stolen, they band together to attempt to find their family and the stolen art. But will they succeed or will they trust the wrong person?
My Thoughts: I adore this series - there's so much action and danger. I loved learning more about Paris, especially Notre Dame and the catacombs.  I loved traveling through the streets of Paris with the gang and eating all the food. I wanted to travel to Pris after reading this one (but then who wouldn't?) I love the friendship between Henry, Anna, and Jose. I love the Harry Potter references. I loved the messages in the wall in the bookstore. Although I would love more in this series, it's a great ending to a fun trilogy. Looking forward to more books by this author!

Cover Thoughts: Clever
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: This series is highly recommended for school and public libraries! Lots of action, danger, and adventure with a diverse cast.

No comments: