Monday, March 20, 2017

Romance Review: Four Weddings and a Sixpence

Four best friends from Madame Rochambeaux’s Gentle School for Girls find a sixpence in their mattress. They determined that it will be their lucky sixpence and help them find a special suitor.
Anna needs to marry in a hurry in order to save her inheritance. She's running out of time and love doesn't seem to be in the cards for her.

Cordelia invented a fiance to keep her aunt from throwing her into the path of men. Now that she's invited to a wedding, she must show up with the man, but first she'll have to convince him of the scheme.

When it's Elinor's turn for the sixpence, it's stolen from her. The man who took it isn't going to give it up - unless it's for a price.

Beatrice doesn't believe in the luck of the sixpence, but she's promised her friends to give it a try. Could the rude man in the shop be someone of interest? 
My Thoughts: I picked this one up because I adore Julia Quinn and I was so happy I did. I really enjoyed these girls and their stories. I would have liked more interaction between the friends. I loved seeing them meet their romantic interests. I liked that they were spirited. I loved Beatrice for her love of astronomy. An entertaining read!

Cover Thoughts: Not my favorite, but I can see it's appeal
Source: My Library

No comments: