Saturday, April 22, 2017

Baby Shower Books to Gift



While baby showers happen all year round, it seems like this time of year, they happen more. I always like to buy books for gifts (Librarian) and I know it's popular for the hostess to ask everyone to bring a book to start off the child's library.

And you get multiple copies of Goodnight Moon, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, or Moo Baa La La La - all of which are fine books, but you don't need four copies of each.

Here's what I like to gift:

First mostly board books, for endurance.

Second, I LOVE the touch and feel books and there are So Many to chose from.  There's lots of pieces to touch and interact with the child.
Title: Baby Touch and Feel: Mealtime, Author: DK Publishing


Third: I Love concept books, it's never to early to learn, especially those from National Geographic. They have bright colors and great photographs.
 Title: National Geographic Little Kids Look and Learn: Bears, Author: National Geographic Kids


Fourth, I Love these classic stories told as board books. They're not a retelling of the story, just using bits from the story as an introduction.
Title: A Little Princess: A BabyLit® Friendship Primer, Author: Jennifer Adams     Title: Anne of Green Gables: A BabyLit® Places Primer, Author: Jennifer Adams

Hope this helps!

1 comment:

holdenj said...

All great ideas, I am headed to one next month!