Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Adult Review: Barking up the Wrong Tree

* Book 2 in the Bluff Point series * 
Carly lost her job in New York and reluctantly heads home to Maine to regroup. She's taking her newly inherited bird and dog with her. She's hoping to find homes for them, but the bird swears like a sailor and the dog is older. Carly's friends are happy she's back in town, but she assures them it's only temporary. A phrase she repeats when she meets James.

James is new to town, but he's fitting in just fine, especially after he meets Carly. He can't get her out of his mind. He's not taking her one night stand only rule to heart, he's working on the long game.

Could Carly see herself staying in the small town where she grew up for good?
My Thoughts: I really love this series - for the small town charm, the romance, and the friendships. I loved the parrot; he cracked me up. I loved the history between the two main characters and of course their chemistry. I enjoyed the relationships between the sisters - and how they couldn't see past their own selves for the longest time. Luckily I don't have much time to wait until book 3 because I need more of this town and the people!

Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My library
Final Thoughts: Grab this series for your public library - it's a hit and your patrons will thank you!

No comments: